cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVIs frontpanels and executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am trying to find some solution of my problem. My top level Vi is calling some subVIs with button press. 

I have some qestions which hame probably same reason.

When I run Labview and Run my top level VI for first time all subVIs Front pannels appears. I tried to change at options run when called but it is same. I want to run my subVIs front pannels only when I call them (with button, and right click on subVi, subVI node setup, show front pannel when called...)

Also when I run program for first time, my subVi is not closing after finishing execution but stays opened with RUN arrow gray with text SubVI is waiting for run, but this subVi is already finished. I need to switch to top level VI and stop execution. When I run same program for second time everything goes OK, and subVi closes and return to top level VI. how to solve that???

And finally, when I make executable, at start executable opens all SubVis front pannels, I want to open this front pannels ONLY when I press button not after program start. I cannot find any way to do that. What is wrong?

Please help, I spent 2 hours only searching internet and forums and still dont know how to do that. thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,430 Views)

Have a look at the settings of your SubVIs (VI properties -> Windows Appearance -> Custom) and check if this option is activated:

grafik.png

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 2 of 5
(2,426 Views)

Thanks for reply, but I have unchecked this option and it is still doing it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stww

OK, next idea: I'm not familiar with the dialog of SubVI Node Setup..., I never use it. I only use the setups from the screenshot in my last post for frontpanel open & close. Try that, perhaps it helps.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 4 of 5
(2,414 Views)

Thank you very much. It is finally working correctly now. problem was here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,406 Views)