LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Program Diagram

Hi, 

I want to know how to draw the structured Program Diagram of an Event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(2,930 Views)

I don't understand what you are asking for.

If you want to learn about Event Structures, open LabVIEW Help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(2,904 Views)

Hi,

The structured Diagram of While loop is shown below. I Want to know how to draw the structured Diagram of Event structure. 

while-loop.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(2,879 Views)

I don't know what a "structured diagram" is.  But what you drew is called a "flowchart".

Treat an event structure as a decision point where the code holds waiting for one of any number of events to happen.  A diamond with more than just a true and false output.

Message 4 of 19
(2,873 Views)

Hi, 

I want to know if the following  Flowchart is correct. You find below the Program (VI).

Flowchart.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,822 Views)

Yes it seems correct

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(2,812 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

Yes it seems correct

Agreed, however it could be written so that you did not require 4 controls. Imagine how many controls will be needed if they need to implement more operations.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,801 Views)

@Emna20 wrote:

Hi, 

I want to know if the following  Flowchart is correct. You find below the Program (VI).

Flowchart.png

What happens when Division button changes or summation button changes.  Either of those go to a step to do a calculation.  But then what?  Program stops dead?  It doesn't go to the Stop node.  Does it return to the event structure?  (I imagine yours is like most event structures that they are in a while loop.)  In which case you need some leaders take you back to the top where your event case decisions start.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,777 Views)

Hi,

Give me your opinion about this Flowchart.

FlowChart.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,750 Views)

Hi,

and what about this FlowChart. what is the best FlowChart for the VI.

FlowChart2.png

Message 10 of 19
(2,740 Views)