LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch puls signals

Hi

I'm working on a system that detects pulses. When a signal exceeds a certain values (peak value), a picture is taken. The problem is that my computer is to slow to process this because I'm working with values that are very high but very short = peak values.
In the picture you can see a graph with some of these peaks. If you look at sample nr. 62 you can see that there is a peak around 1.6 V.

The questions is : How can I stretch these peaks so sample nr. 63, 64, 65 have the same value (1.6V) as sample nr.62 ?

Thank you

Wim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,681 Views)

Hi Wim,

Good afternoon and i hope your well today.

Thanks for the post.

I think you should be able to detect a peak of 1 sample width, please see image below. How are you trying to detect peaks?

peak.JPG

Hope thie helps,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,671 Views)

Hi Wim,

I was just looking at your post again.

One point would be, can't use sample at a higher rate?

My only suggestion for making more points - would be actually to filter the waveform to smooth it out i.e. probably make (or it could make - using the  correct filter) smooth the peak over a few more samples, making it easier to detect. 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Hi

Thank you Hillman for your reply. The measurements are coming from 3 homemade sensors that detect radiation from a cellphone. This radiation is represented as a voltage (in this case peak values). I'm using a NI USB-6008 card and 3 sensors so the sample rate is at the max (3.333K each or 10K in total). I added an extra image that shows exactly what I want to accomplish. You can see that the top of each peak is flattened. I want to stretch the top values of these peaks.

Kind regards

Wim

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,653 Views)

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the reply and I hope your well today.

What I would do is: 

Use the detect peak locations output to modify the array (waveform). I have then replaced in the array at the an ofset to the peak location and added a small new array of severeal samples (3) of the same value of the detected peak. Hence, the array will now have three samples of the peak value with the middle sample being the original peak. 

Here is some code in LabVIEW 8.6 that shows how I have done it (and an image below).

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and let me know if this helps at all. 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,615 Views)