LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select a cell in a multicolumn list box and use scroll horizontal on th

Solved!
Go to solution

From an event structure, how do I select a cell in a multicolumn list box and use scroll horizontal on the front panel at the same time.  I can select a cell from the multicolumn in an event structure, but I cannot move the scroll bar on the front panel when the program is running.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,529 Views)

Hi ceyoung@b...,

which scrollbar do you mean? You can automatically scroll through the multicolumn listbox with the "top left visible cell" property.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,514 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ceyoung@bellsouth.net
I'm assuming you're referring to the scrollbar in the multicolumn listbox. What is your code doing when you select a cell? Can you please post your code so we can see the behavior you're describing? It's possible that you're blocking the event structure, as in performing some long operation in the event that's handling the cell selection. In this case the event structure has to wait until the event completes before being able to respond to the next event. You can configure the event to not lock the front panel while waiting for the event to complete.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,509 Views)

Hello ceyoung,

Mike's suggestion is great! If you are still having issue, please post your code so we can see the behavior that you are describing.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,483 Views)