LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue - myDAQ (or perhaps DAQmx) works, but only kind of

So! Here's a fun one. I have a myDAQ connected via a SEH INU100 serial-to-ethernet adapter, and work using the  USB device server software. It gave me some issues that I solved once I updated to DAQmx v18.0, at which point it showed in MAX as a typical NI DAQ device. I tested it by setting +10V DC to the AOs to switch some components in a diagnostic I'm working on. All was good.

Well, all was good until I tried using the AI digitization functionality, at which point DAQmx Start Task.vi hung up (pic attached). Restarting LV doesn't release the task, as subsequential runs cause the "Resource is reserved" error. Rebooting the myDAQ releases the task, but does not fix the issue - DAQmx seems to hang when starting the task.

I cut LV out of the picture and used NI MAX tasks - same issue.

Here's the weird part: it records data just fine from TestPanels! I see my signal just fine. TestPanel uses the ELVIS module, right? Which driver is loaded in this TestPanels application?

Any thoughts from the community? I've included a snip of my currently installed software to help.

Thanks,

Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,969 Views)

I do my very best to keep all my LabVIEW code at the same Version level.  In particular, I never install patches or updates that are newer than the most recent version of LabVIEW I am running (which, in your case, appears to be LabVIEW 2017).

"Rolling back" a LabVIEW installation, however, is also problematic.  LabVIEW is a fairly complex system, so installing one thing often brings other little changes scattered throughout your system, and "return to Previous Version" isn't usually implemented cleanly.  With luck, someone (else) will suggest a "smaller" step that you can take, but if after a few days you are still "stuck", then the following stands a reasonable (>50%) chance of working:

• Note which Version(s) of LabVIEW you have installed, including which Toolkits, Modules, and Device Drivers.  If there are some you don't need, this would be a time to eliminate them.
  • Get the Installation Media (or links) to each Version of LabVIEW you wish to install.
  • Do a complete Uninstall of all of LabVIEW.  This may take more than an hour as it tries (more-or-less) to clean up after itself).
  • Starting with the oldest Version, start installing LabVIEW, Toolkits, and Modules.  Do not install Device Drivers at this time.
  • Before installing another Version, reboot your PC.
  • When all LabVIEW Versions have been installed, install the Device Driver from the highest LabVIEW Version you installed.
  • Think carefully before installing any Updates that have Versions higher than your highest LabVIEW Version (I would advise against doing this).

This, I am sorry to say, comes from several unfortunate personal experiences.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,956 Views)

SO! I finally tested the specific myDAQ connected directly to the specific computer that's hosting the software configuration, and it works fine. This means the problem is with the USB-over-network device - either with the device's driver or with DAQmx incompatibilities.

I made a separate, more focused post on the forums:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Troubles-with-USB-over-network-and-DAQmx/td-p/3813519

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,879 Views)