LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange benchmark result need some explanation

When doing those benchmarks in modern version of LV you should make sure you have the options set to show the folding of constants and structures.

Folding.PNG

When folded the results could be evaluated at development and the code replaced with a constant.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 14
(849 Views)

Ben wrote:

When doing those benchmarks in modern version of LV you should make sure you have the options set to show the folding of constants and structures.

When folded the results could be evaluated at development and the code replaced with a constant.

Ben

I did but still the same result, also after restarting Labview.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(839 Views)
Just curious 😉 Is it any practical wisdom in this, besides that has already been mentioned. I know most of the NI people have their minds on NI week, but a comment from someone in NI would have been nice

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(812 Views)

Hold the bus!

I modified your code as shown below to make usr ethe two process are being running individually and also rearranged teh code to enusre that sreen updates don't mees with the measurements.

BenchMark_Mod.PNG 

Then bumped up the loop count to 100M and the constnat is almost twice as fast (under LV 2009).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(705 Views)