LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Program Execution & Keyboard Shortcuts

Somewhere on these message boards someone posted about using + "." to stop a running vi, which is now my prefered method for stopping a program, especially when the toolbar is not visible during runtime. I never ever ran into this in LabVIEW documentation however and I did read a good majority of it. I also believe there were keyboard shortcuts for the alignment options but haven't found those again either... is there a place where these keyboard shortcuts are listed on the web or in the documentation? They are definitely big time-savers but you have to know what they are first.

Secondly, sometimes + "." does not work-- however, I cannot figure out what option I am changing to make it not work. I sus
pect it is the appearance options or changing from the non-default run-time menu, but have not been able to find the 'switch' that will allow the keyboard combination to kill the program. Writing a program with four different dialogs that close and open, I have changed different options on the different dialogs many different times and now--some of them will stop for the keyboard shortcut and some won't. So I know it's not just a generic problem but something to do with the individual vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,249 Views)
i have been using this since lv5. you can look at labview bookshelf. i dont exatly rememeber which link, but there is one that points to a sheet that has all shortcuts and palette. try that. i have always learnt something new 🙂 each time i look at it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,249 Views)
On the menubar on any LabView window, goto Help >> VI, Function, & How-To Help >> Search. Then enter "keyboard shortcuts" (no quotes) in the box labeled Type in the word(s) to search for. Open the title Keyboard Shortcuts. Ctrl-. should work unless the VI has Abort and Allow User To Close Window disabled. Or maybe it just called some low-level driver function.
Message 3 of 6
(5,249 Views)
Show Abort button.

Ctrl +. is shortcut to same.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,249 Views)
This is true but not always... but I did find the answer I was looking for from this suggestion. As it turns out, Ctrl + "." must be listed as a shortcut in the menu. Change your run-time menu to exclude this and it quits working.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,249 Views)
In LabVIEW 7.0, you also can select Help»Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf and click the "Quick Reference Card" link. This card lists all shortcuts in LabVIEW. If you received hardcopy documentation for LabVIEW, you also should have received this card.
Kelly H
LabVIEW Documentation
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,249 Views)