LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stitch 2D Data

Solved!
Go to solution

I want all images to be stitched vertically.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SSG0484

We know what you want.  But you hadn't described what was wrong.  At least now the image shows us something is wrong, but still isn't clear what.

I don't understand your array manipulation at the top of the last For Loop.  Why are you replacing array elements? Or even have an array at all?  What is the array that is initializing the shift register?  You are always indexing out element 0.  It seems to me that index 1 would be properly,  The subVI looks for "left/top".  I think stitching vertically, the top of the image is being moved down, not the left.  Wouldn't that be the second element of that array?  And why play with an array at all.  Just put an integer in the shift register, read the value, combine that into the array with a 0 for left.   Take that original element and add the height and put that scalar in the shift register to be the new top for the next iteration.

Also, check the detailed help for Image to Image function.  There is a 3rd image reference input you have unwired.  Since that says destination image, I'm think that is what your Stitched image reference should be wired into.  But it is all very confusing as you are combing 2 images, yet the subVI has 3 inputs and 1 output.  You may even need a shift register on that reference wire.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,400 Views)

Thank u so much for suggestions......

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,394 Views)

Hi,

Can someone  give suggestions to stitch images with small amount of overlap.

Which all vi's are used for that?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,375 Views)

@SSG0484 wrote:

Hi,

Can someone  give suggestions to stitch images with small amount of overlap.

This description is insufficient because you need to define what should happen at the places of overlap (average both pictures, first one wins, second one wins, etc.)

In the general case, you would first allocate a 2D array of the final size, then replace (or average, etc.) subsections with the image data at the desired locations.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,370 Views)

Actually I would like to take average at  overlap regions.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,361 Views)

@SSG0484 wrote:

Actually I would like to take average at  overlap regions.

So do you have problems with the stitching or with the averaging? What is the datatype of the image?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,357 Views)

Actually I need to stitch images of microscopic slide captured using camera. For now I need to stitch two rows of slides with four columns with both vertical and horizontal overlap. Image is monochrome 8 bit image of resolution 3088*2076.

Actually I don't know how to start.

I am new to labview image processing. 

So I am searching for ideas to get start with.

I have acquired images with sufficient overlap on both vertical and horizontal.

I need to apply average of images at areas of overlap.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,348 Views)

Do you have precise control of the overlap areas? Otherwise you will first need to determine the amount of overlap between images before "stitching" them together.

It has been many years since I have used NI's imaging package. Have you looked for a native stitching function? The other option is to us third party SW like ImageMagick to do the work for you.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,340 Views)

How to determine overlap region?

I have attached work i have done till now.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,323 Views)