LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper motor

I'm using a RS 440-098 control board to control 2 stepper motors through RS 217-3611 Drive boards. I have wired them up according to the manuals/datasheets, however, although Labview tells me the commands/data is being written, the motors do not move. Has anyone had any experience with these boards or has any tips as to how to control/trouble shoot them? Not sure what all other info might be required, so just shout if you need any other details.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,653 Views)

Sorry forgot to add this to the OP, this is the error I get, it seems to time out before getting any response from my boards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,650 Views)

Your block diagram would help us see the cause for error. Anyway, try a search on forum with that error code what you have got now. You may find several causes for that error and solution process also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,646 Views)

Cant find the edit, but the Labview VI is the example Basic 2 port Serial Write and Read

Will search the error though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,638 Views)

You can not initialize two same ports for reading and writing. You can do that with one VISA initialization. Use the example, how it was. You can find example here.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2669

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,635 Views)

Ah yes I've tried with that one as well, it gives no error, but no response from the system, I've triple checked all my wiring so I assume theres something I've missed or some compatibility thing between the control & driver board. Because that example should work right?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,624 Views)

Ok, Then try checking in normal Hyperterminal and check the response. If you get the repose in Hyperterminal i.e... You need to append CR in labVIEW. You can get these in string options of programming palette.

By the way, always try to post your code or picture here on forum. May be Someone will guide you to better way.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,621 Views)