LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper Motor Feedback sensor

Hi SK0480,

I know that I am late in the game for this post, but there are a lot of examples that talk about making transfer function programs in LabVIEW using the Control Design and Simulation module.  Here are a few examples using that toolkit that create transfer functions. (Example 1, Example 2).

Kim W.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(588 Views)

ok thanks for your reply this does show me some light....Now I do not have any control design tool kit, iam using my school electronics lab.. it has NI elvis 2, with a built in daq board, and they have labviw but it is not equipped with a control design tool kit..could you tell me how can create a program on my own to estimate a second order transfer function....As I said earlier, Iam controlling stepper motor using labview..

Thanks

SK

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(574 Views)

Hi SK0480,

In order to create your own second order transfer function, you will basically have to recreate all of the libraries that the Control Design and Simulation toolkit has already created for you, so I would suggest downloading the evaluation version of the toolkit.

If you do want to create all of these functions yourself, then once you have developed the model for your stepper motor and have the differential equations, you can use this example to solve the differential equations.  Have you developed the model for your stepper motor yet?  This tutorial may also be helpful for you.

Kim

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(546 Views)