From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup position of VI

Whenever I go to run a VI, it always starts up wherever I am currently viewing in the front panel (horizontally and vertically). Is there a way to set some sort of start position so that it always starts in the same exact place, no matter where I was at on the front panel? I have looked but can't find anything but the actual window position.

Thanks alot,
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,555 Views)
File -> VI Properties. Then select window run-time position from the dropdown box. From here you can set an exact position, make it always run centered, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,543 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply.  The window run-time position will always be Maximized, my problem is different. Maybe pictures are better.

SWheay below is a really bad picture of my VI, which spans the entire screen.  If I run it, '1.23' will be in the middle of my screen.
|_________ |

Now if I am programming, and I scroll around so that the 1.23 is located at the bottom right....

|_____1.23_|

When i start it up the 1.23 is down at the bottom right.  My application has no scroll bars...I was to set it so that whenver I start my app, the 1.23 is always in the middle of my screen. No matter where I scrolled to last while editing it.

Something like a visual basic form, you drop something in the bottom right corner of the form...and it always there when you run.....

Sorry if this is confusing, I am probably making it alot harder than what it is.
Thanks alot,
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,537 Views)
Take a look at my attachment.  You can reposition your front panel display by setting the "Origin" property of your panel to a specific value.

Regards,
S G
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
Message 4 of 10
(4,518 Views)

In version 7.1 (maybe  not from 8.2) You can bring up a property node for the VI, there is a property called "FP.Origin" wire a constant (0,0).

To get this property, drop the property node on your block diagram. Set the property node for a VI Class: Right Click node | Select Class | VI Server | VI . Set the  property to "FP Window", right click the property node, select Properties | Front Panel Window | xxxxx.... wait FP.Origin does not appear in 8.2, It may be in version 7.1 still. Maybe you can use "Panel Bounds" instead, give it a try.

Message 5 of 10
(4,518 Views)
8.2 has a property of the Pane called Origin which is the same as the 7.1 FP.Origin.
S G
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,515 Views)
Works great! Thanks alot.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,495 Views)

Hi

I'm converting some LV code from 8.2.1 to 2013.

The property FP.Origin is no longer supperted and I know that I can use Pane|Origin instead, but only for the VI the property is in.

I want to get or set the origin for VI I call , but I can't find a method or property to do that in 2013.

The Pane|Origin property don't have a VI reference terminal!

How do I do it then?

Regards Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,777 Views)

Right-click on a scroll bar of your VI's front panel.  You can then go to Create->Reference.  You now have a reference to your pane that you can pass around.

Or, if you are just passing around the VI reference, we can go through some more fun.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 10
(3,771 Views)

Thanks Smiley Happy

/Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,759 Views)