From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Program on Computer Startup

I have an executable LabView program that I would like to start running automatically when the computer is started. How can I do this? Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,397 Views)
In order to answer your question a few more details are needed. What is your OS? Are you using some flavor of Windows or some other OS? If Windows then you can start the program at login by including a shortcut in the Startup folder. You can access this by right clicking on the start button and clicking open and then going to the startup folder (which will probably be under the programs folder). Depending on the flavor of Windows you may be able to set the program to start for some users and not for others or to start for all users.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,387 Views)
Hi,

I think this should answer your question:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/A9B2FA96B851394586256B26006ECB98?opendocument

A more basic way to do this would be to schedule a task in Windows task scheduler.

regards,
Cyril Bouton
Active LabVIEW Developper
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,386 Views)