From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Compact Rio VI from HMI

Hello, 

I have developed a VI to control digital outputs from a cRIO-9074. I have been trying to link a HMI to the system and have a few questions about the procesdure. I want to know if I can launch the output VI on the compact Rio through the touch panel. 

I have a touch panel VI developed, which is set to control which outputs to the compact Rio. Ideally what I'd like to happen is when this VI launches, the corresponding VI on the compact Rio to launch. Basically being able to run the project without the project explorer. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,168 Views)

I still haven’t worked out how to set up the HORM but I have managed to work out the following; because the system uses Windows 7 Embedded, I configured the VI to be saved to the Start Up file. This will make sure the VI will pop open and start running as the system starts up. The second thing, which is very important and useful, is deploying the VI for the Compact RIO and has it run on start up! This was actually quite tricky to find but once I figured it out it was really quite simple.

Under the RT target will be a section noted as Build Specifications. Right click and select New Real Time Application. Add the source file of the VI developed to control the VI. It is noted that the destination file for the Compact RIO is set to c:\ni-rt\startup. This appears to save the VI in the start up folder of the Compact RIO. The last step is to Deploy the system.

I hope this has helped anyone else struggling. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,137 Views)