From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand-alone executable will not call dll

Hi

I am building a datalogger application which uses a dll library from ADAM 5000. I've made the application and it works fine when used in labview but when I make it an executable file it does not communicate with the external device. I cannot connect.

Do you know what am I doing wrong?

How could I fix it?

I'm attaching the VI as well as the executable file with the dll packed in a zip folder.

I appreciate any help

Thanks,

Sergio 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,179 Views)

I'm not on a computer I can open your vi with but Ive run into this issue before, I discovered that it was caused by my DLL not being in the right location relative to the exe- IIRC it was fixed for me when I told the app builder to take the dll and put it into a folder one level below the exe.

Where does your dll reside relative to the exe?

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,134 Views)

@PatLyons wrote:

I discovered that it was caused by my DLL not being in the right location relative to the exe- IIRC it was fixed for me when I told the app builder to take the dll and put it into a folder one level below the exe.

-pat

Are you perhaps thinking of http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD7DE8BC8FFC256C862565F4006BE363  ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,127 Views)

I've screwed that up too with txt files and such, but I'm thinking more along the lines of where the 'call library function node is looking for the dll-

Maybe I'm not helping here, but I think my issue had to do with the name/path field being wrong in the "Configuring Library Name or Path"

from the help here, scroll down a bit:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvexcodeconcepts/configuring_the_clf_node/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,117 Views)