From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked Bar Plots in Mixed Signal Graph

Is there a way to have a stacked bar plot compiled and displayed in the mixed signal graph indicator from multiple plots as inputs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,339 Views)

Hello,

This is Doug from applications engineering at National Instruments. I've attached a screenshot of a mixed signal graph with a stacked bar graph. Please let me know if this was what you were looking for. If you have any other questions, let me know. Thanks

Doug W

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,307 Views)

Doug,  Thanks but I need to do it programmatically, thus specifying the properties to do this.  Do you have an example of how to stack y values from a 2D array for multple series with properties shown?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,274 Views)

Here is mydata and a mixed sig graph.  I just want to stack the bars when a 1 occurs in the data.  the array is a 2d one that has the series in rows and the time events for the x axis in the columns

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,270 Views)

Something like this?

Mix Signal Graph Bar Plot.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,259 Views)

I think we are getting closer but I do not see what I would expect in a stacked bar graph in excel.  Please take a look at the data in the array in column 525.  It has more than just qty 2 of the value 1 in many of its cells.  Hence I would expect to see a spike greater than 2 which is what I see on the chart that you provided.  I did the task in excel and it was easy to do and have attached it for your reference.   It is the same data that I provided above in the prior vi.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,253 Views)

Oh, oops. I thought this was a property issue, not a math one. Doesn't excuse my math, though 🙂

How about this:

Example_VI.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,241 Views)

Doug,

I am trying to create a stacked bar graph like the one in your post.  Could you please send me the code to do that?

Thanks,

Steve D.

Steve Drouilhet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,986 Views)

Hi Steve,

Since this post is from 3 years ago, I do not think that Doug is monitoring this anymore and likely does not have the code saved. You are welcome to create a new post, which might get more traffic.

Maggie M.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,976 Views)