From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack overflow (0xC00000FD) at EIP=0x01B13469

Hello, 
I am working on a large project and sometimes the LabView shuts down with the error message:  Stack overflow (0xC00000FD) at EIP=0x01B13469 (that is tha last one I got). I am not able to identify the generator of this error. ( Maybe someone can do it from the error message above).  It is possible to catch this error ???? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,783 Views)

@charlie87 wrote:

Hello, 
I am working on a large project and sometimes the LabView shuts down with the error message:  Stack overflow (0xC00000FD) at EIP=0x01B13469 (that is tha last one I got). I am not able to identify the generator of this error. ( Maybe someone can do it from the error message above).  It is possible to catch this error ???? 

This is a fatal error. As to catching it, Windows does it already for you, that is why you see the dialog. Trying to catch it yourself by some means wouldn't add anything as it is ABSOLUTELY unsafe to continue the process after this error. It could eat your breakfast, or the harddisk or something else!!

Something in your application is using huge stack space. This could be in LabVIEW itself, if you use some form of very strange VI settings, but since the LabVIEW VI execution itself is not stack based it is unlikely that the large project in itself would be the cause of it. Most likely you make use of some external code library somewhere, that has huge stack space requirements, either by allocating huge buffers on the stack (a very bad thing to do) or by calling functions recursively without a safe upper bound (just as a bad thing to do).

Also you should qunatify what a large project means. I have done projects in LabVIEW with about 1000 VIs and more already 15 years ago.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 6
(4,762 Views)

Thank you for your answer. It helped me to understand the problem and solve it. However, I have another problem:

Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x00F3300C.

It usually occurs when i want to delete a cursor in a graph.....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,742 Views)

Try to do it in a VI without calling any external code (DLL). If it still happens you have probably a corrupt LabVEW installation. If it only happens when you have called some external code DLL you will have to review all the Call Library Nodes to be correct. A faulty Call Library Node call (either badly configured parameters or passing to small buffers to functions wanting to write into it) will cause all kinds of problems. The DLL function overwrites memory it should not do and that can lead to all kind of errors, including that some LabVIEW objects suddenly misbehave or crash, since the DLL function overwrote information that is used to manage LabVIEW objects.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,733 Views)

@charlie87 wrote:

Thank you for your answer. It helped me to understand the problem and solve it. However, I have another problem:

I got this issue when I was calling Python through ActiveX property and still I didn't get a solution for that and the reason for the occurrence. May be you are doing something similar

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,729 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

@charlie87 wrote:

I got this issue when I was calling Python through ActiveX property and still I didn't get a solution for that and the reason for the occurrence. May be you are doing something similar

That could be caused by the Active X wrapper that you use to access Python. And in that case the only solution is not to get a fix for LabVIEW but to debug the ActiveX wrapper and find the error in there.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,719 Views)