cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Data and Inserting into Spread Sheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Gidday All,

Attached is a spread sheet of some sample data I am collecting and attempting to log.

I am building a testing device that will test the push buttons on a PCB. The PCB has 5 buttons.

I have written the VIs to read the serial port and retrieve the data.

Ok. I want labview to sort the data and output the data in the format as in the attached spread sheet can already break the hex strings into the components I want, but do not know how to put them into a spread sheet so that they match the format like in the example.

In the first row should be a time stamp, the string broken into its components (as in the excel example). Then a new row for the second button in the same spreadsheet and so on for the third, fourth and fifth button.

As the spreadsheet grows (and it will) I'd like to make a new file per day as to not have one large a file.

Can someone please help me out.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,433 Views)

Hello,

OK, so after some searching on the forums I have managed to build this little VI which takes the data from my sub VI and creates a log.

I am now working on being able to press the first button store in a 2D array. Have a delay, then press the second button and sort in the same array in the next row. And then so on for the other three buttons.

Also, how do I keep adding data to the same log file.

Cheers

K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,426 Views)

Hello Kamilan,

You can implement the buttons by using case structures and shift registers within a while loop.  For example:

save_value.png

Thanks,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,410 Views)

Gidday Lisa,

Using the Labview Example file, I built this VI.

Not sure how to keep adding to the log file though, as when I try to do about PCB, it overwrites the data.

Cheers

Kamilan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,406 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kamilan

Hello Kamilan,

Please see this document for details.

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments