LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Array with n Elements n times, while the array is filled up (Keithley 2614B)

Solved!
Go to solution

If the x values are not spaced equally, the same can be done for xy graphs. I recommend to represent points as complex numbers. XY graph will plot IM vs RE directly.

Message 11 of 27
(611 Views)

Very few changes are needed for randomly incrementing x values:

Message 12 of 27
(603 Views)

haha it tried it out by just adding one more, but i think i did the array wrong because the output is realy weird 😄

Actually  the x values are spaced equally, because  I give the Keithley a voltage range (for example 0.5 - 2) and a stepsize like every 0.1 measure the current density

Screenshot 2022-02-12 213540.png

. And the Current density is randome 🙂

EDIT: i didnt saw your new message i will have a look:)

Something like this

Screenshot 2022-02-12 214231.png

on the left side i enter the Values, the count of the Number from end to Start is calculated in the beginning and stored in a global variable (points)

I changed the file name:)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(600 Views)

Please change the file name before attaching if you make changes!!!

Message 14 of 27
(591 Views)

@Sebbastiannn wrote:

haha it tried it out by just adding one more, but i think i did the array wrong because the output is realy weird 😄

Yes, you really got some wires crossed. Here's a quick correction that seems to work better.

If you add two rows, the row index needs to jump by two. Your IPE has the same indices wired to both new elements. etc.

Message 15 of 27
(581 Views)

i make very short a small version of my program with your program:) so you can see how it works napproximately, probably better than the big one.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(578 Views)

Okay here is the version unfortunately it does not work yet:|
The upper part is measured the same way as in the normal programm, here only with random numbers and a predefined step size for A and B and other stuff is missing but the Output through a Queue is the same:)

I have done only the coordinate system for A because it would be the same for B.
Also the data are transferred with a queue.
In the original program this also works, but in the test VI here, only the first one Numbers are taken:/ and the values in the queue are no longer entered in the coordinate system:/.

I think I have again somewhere cable spinner in it or it is just wrong haha

Also because the Loop for the plotting is faster then the measurement loop 😑

The 3 loop at the measurement must also remain because otherwise it would not work with the rest of the program.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(571 Views)

Yes, that's quite a mess. Most of your while loops are fake FOR loops because the number of iteration is known before the loop starts. They should be FOR loops.

You are generating 2D data. How exactly do you want them plotted?

Message 18 of 27
(564 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Yes, that's quite a mess. Most of your while loops are fake FOR loops because the number of iteration is known before the loop starts. They should be FOR loops.

how would you do it with the plotting? because I've tried a bit around but always come to the same error that he does not want to plot it 😐

I thought you could just take the 4 values produced by the measurement down to the other loop and then plot the top 2 (voltage and current) for channel A and the bottom 2 (voltage and current) for channel B separately into one graph so that I have 2 pieces? The loop itself is then always executed when measurement data arrives:) This also works in the zip file:)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(557 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I have read that I then need to convert the data into a cluster of the X and Y array data. how would that work for me? I'm afraid I'm lost on this one

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(548 Views)