From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split signals

I am using a cDAQ9188 with a 9205 32ch analog in module.

I am looking at 2 groups of 3 signals

I can split the signals but 1 of the 6 always appears to be a duplicate so although I get 6 measurements

on the screen one of them is missing and a duplicate of another is there.

I was using Ai0/2/4 for 1 group and Ai1/3/5 for the other.

It appeared that Ai0 and Ai1 were dupes so I moved the wire to Ai6 from Ai1 and I still end up with a dupe

just a different channel.

I have tried expanding the Split signal from the top and the bottom and looked over all the split signal posts

but I don't see anything like what I have.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,056 Views)

Hi Nick,

What kinds of signals are you measuring?  Do you have the device configured in differential mode or in single-ended mode?  Are all of the channels measuring the same kind of signal?  Can you test your signal with a DMM to see if the signals coming into the DAQ device are what you expect them to be?

Thanks,

David B

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,011 Views)

Hi David and thanks for the reply,

There are 3 signals (X2) one is about -5 to +5 volts, the second is about -8 to +8Volts and the 3rd is a 0 to +8Volts square wave.

After a lot of switching the wires around I figured that when I got a bad contact on a wire to a channel it does pick up noise from others

so much so that it looks just like a duplicate, I think that's what the problem is not the switch function.

I have to work on it some more to be 100%.

I think that the answer will be to solder a solid wire or pin onto the cable and use the pin to connect up to the module instead of the trimmed

bare wire. 

Too bad I didn't do this a couple of days ago, I kind of read something about it but I expected some X-talk, in my mind that's like a

watered down signal similar to another channel not something that looked identical to another channel. 

I'll post again if the pins are the answer

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,008 Views)

No problem, wish we could've found that sooner.  Hope it runs smoothly from here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,992 Views)