LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speech Recognition Software

Hi, I have just finished my final project on a Speech Recognition Control System.

The system integrates Matlab and Labview to perform SR.

I decided to post because when I started to do research on the project I couldn't find much information about SR besides usind the MS SDK 5.1 or Dragon NS. Personally, I didnt like the SDK because it involves using activeX or the .Net Framework tools from Labview to interact with the SDK software. Also, the system needs lots of training to reach decent matching percentages. The reason for this is that you cannot customize your own word library list. 

I also considered using a Dspic for the speech recognition and control but this is not the most economic choice.

Finally I went back to MatLab for the speech recognition part of the project. Once I got it working on Matlab I integrated the code back to LabView using a Matlab script Node. Once I got it to work on Labview I used the Compact-RIO to control any given system. The accuracy is about 95% for my system.

For more detailed information reply to this msg or email me at carlosmrl505@gmail.com

Message 11 of 28
(3,782 Views)

Thanks for sharing Carlos.

It's interesting how you evolved from MS SDK to MatLab.

How long did it take you to develop on MatLab?  And did you find resources on the web (incl MatWorks) to help you accomplish it?

I like the way you ported it to LabVIEW and use a cRIO to control other systems.  I want to develop such a thing with a partner hopefully sometime next year.  Till then, I still need to get started on my USB project...  (never enough time)

R

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(3,780 Views)

Hi Ray,

I found a lot of information online for speech recognition on matlab. Basically all you need is the following funcions: mfcc (mel frequency cepstrum coefficients), Voice Activity Detection, Dynamic Time Warping, noise reduction by spectrum subtraction, CMN (cepstral mean normalization). There are libraries for voice recognition online that are free, and you can modify to meet your own requirements. I started with the SDK because I was worried about the debugging of the matlab code from Labview. Working with the SDK took me more time than completing the whole system, including the compact-RIO, integrating Matlab and Labview. I started the project on september and just finished a week ago. Good luck, 

Carlos

Message 13 of 28
(3,767 Views)

Carlos M Rodriguez wrote:

I started the project on september and just finished a week ago. Good luck, 

Wow..  That's great!

I might bumpt this project up and get an early start.  I'll post on this forum (not necessarily this thread) any discoveries / hurdles / etc and will let you know (here?) how it goes.

Thanks Carlos.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(3,736 Views)

Carlos,

You may want to consider taking a look at something I created, "LabVIEW Speak"

Article Posting: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/pub/p/id/909 

Getting Started Videos: http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-apis/blog/2009/11/19/labview-speak--programming-lv-thro...

This program does a variety of things out of the box, but is also intended to act as an abstraction layer between the user and the Microsoft .NET speech API. 

I haven't read the whole thread, but this tool allows you to make a command set array of strings, send it to the LVSpeak Engine, and receive LV events when one of the commands is detected.

Hope this helps some 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(3,676 Views)

Hi everyone

Can you please take a look for my message (nº10)?

Have you some easy solution to recognise words (pre-recorded or not) and save it as a text in a file?

Carlos I sent to you an email, can you please answer?

Best regards and thanks for all

CPalha

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(3,665 Views)

Mucks sent me this link a few days ago.

http://www.ni.com/swf/flv/labview/us/vista/vr/

Hummer1

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(3,652 Views)

Hi Norm, I have tried LabView speak and I think it is great !

You did an awesome job with this tool. I haven't checked your last updates though.

I have seen your website and even called NI for your assistance with my project.

But they just redirected me to your website. I'm glad to hear from you, I hope you 

continue improving your application.

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(3,624 Views)

Hello palha, Can you please resend that email ?

Thank you,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(3,622 Views)

Can any one please help me making my project on voice recognition

I am using LabVIEW 8.5 version and I am very new to LabVIEW

the process is the same, taking LPC and then VQ modelling.

Please do help!

THANKS A LOT!

Message 20 of 28
(2,757 Views)