LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issue

SoundIssue.png

Can someone inform me why only the 3rd option produces an audible sound, and that only on the 2nd try onwards (if i Run twice in succession)?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,941 Views)

After some tries and putting my ear to the speakers, the other 2 do produce some sound, but very faint and it seems to play at the wrong speed. How to fix?

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,917 Views)

All 3 methods work for me. I put conditional disables around the other two and each one works in isolation and letting all 3 go at once works as well (I get one louder one and the other two play at the same time).

I suspect a Windows issue about which device the output is being routed to - what do you have set as your default playback device? If you have something like a headset connected, is it playing through that? Have you tried changing the 'Device ID' until you get an error out?

A screenshot of your 'playback devices' might help? (right click on the volume in the taskbar and select playback devices)

For the sound palette, there is a 'set volume' function. You may also need to fiddle with the windows volume, application volume mixer and your speakers!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,908 Views)

I only have 1 speaker option and System Beep works. I've had the System.sound function working in another program so i have no idea why it shouldn't work now ... By normalizing the .wav i get it to play as it should, but this is like the 4th solution so get sound to play as it should in as many programs, you'd assume one solution should work in all, no?

SoundSolution.png

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,890 Views)

And ofc it still doesn't work on the first call ...

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,887 Views)

I also opened your Snippet in LabVIEW 2011 and tried running it three times, each with two options Diagram-Disabled.  I found that all three options produced the Notify sound, with Option 3 several times louder than Options 1 and 2 (which were audible, but "soft").  I'm not sure what you mean by running multiple times, so maybe I haven't tested it "properly".  Here's my sequence:

1. Open LabVIEW 2011, drag Snippet to BD, diagram-disable 2 & 3, run.  Hear soft "Bee-deep".
  2. Remove Diagram Disable, now disable 1 & 3, run.  Hear soft "Bee-deep".
  3. Remove Diagram Disable on 3, disable 2, run.  Hear louder "Bee-deep".

Just to be sure, I'm going to save #3, stop LabVIEW, restart LabVIEW, and run #3 again.  Just a second -- hear louder "Bee-deep".

So I seem to be seeing the same behavior Sam sees.  You seem to be having an "anomalous day" today -- maybe it's time for a nice Cup of Tea, preferably "somewhere relaxing" ... [believe me, I've had many of those days ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,850 Views)
For some reason two played barely audible and at double(?) speed. Looking at the waveform before normalization it was in the -0.1 - 0.1 range and ofc -1 - 1 after norm.
/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,778 Views)