LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in object font selection

Old thing that's probably been reported several times, but:

If selecting an object, like a Label, and opening Font selection (ctrl+0) it's always the default font. In order to get the right font as a starting point you must select all text in the Label and open the Font selector.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,656 Views)

Thanks, Yamaeda, I'm always learning new things from the Forum.  I had not been using the Ctrl+0 trick to bring up the Font Selection palette -- nice tool to know about.

I attempted to replicate the behavior you describe in LabVIEW 2015 and LabVIEW 2011 (the oldest and "youngest" versions on my work PC).  I dropped down a label, selected all the text, did Ctrl+0 and changed color, size, style, and font.  I then saw that if I just select the label (for example, with Ctrl+A), it gave me the Default Values, not the values I'd changed for the text elements.  But if I selected inside the label, even if the selection included 0 characters (I click on a character and move the cursor until no characters or spaces are highlighted), I get the settings for the text.

So I would say this might not be a bug -- you get the "default Text Attributes" if the selection is of the entire Label, but not any of its Text, but do get the Text Attributes if the selection involves the Text, even 0 characters.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,625 Views)
If it's not a bug, then it's a suggestion. It should really grab the font properties from an item. 🙂
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,548 Views)