LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound input analysis

Hello,

I am just making an application that should remove only mechanical noise(especially it is coming when my disk is touched the mechanical part). So, I have started with one headset and that mike jack is connected to my PC and the mike is very near to my disk, to here especially mechanical noise when it is touching. I started seeing some example codes in labVIEW(type as "sound" in examples help) but could not find any related to my application. I would like remove only that noise frequencies(I have some other noise in my system but I want to remove only this mechanical touching stuff). I want to calculate the fft of heard signal from mike. Is it possible? Is there any better idea?

Thank you for NI forum.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,569 Views)

The 'Signal Processing' palette has VIs for waveform measurment, including FFT, Extract Tone, and others.  There is also a palette for waveform conditioning, which has several different types of filters.

You can wire these directly from the output of the sound vi.

Can you post what you have created already?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,564 Views)

Hello,

I have choosen "sound input file" example from Labview and i am converting a song that is playing near to my microphone to wav file. In the mean process, Also i would like to calculat  the FFT of the input song playing. So far, I haven't succeed and got nothing on the sprectrum graph. Am i doing any wrong here. Please correct me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,544 Views)

Please help me. I am getting problem with FFT spectrum which displays nothing when my time domain signal is connected to PS/PSD vi. You an see in the above picture for block diagram and below here the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,537 Views)

@shjukheter wrote:

Please help me. I am getting problem with FFT spectrum which displays nothing when my time domain signal is connected to PS/PSD vi. You an see in the above picture for block diagram and below here the front panel.

1. Turn on autoscale on both Y and X axis
  2. Select Log scale for the Y axis
  3. Have fun

Smiley Very Happy

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 5 of 7
(2,527 Views)

Thank you so much. Now it is working and I am getting two color signals(white and red). I don't know why the red one is coming here. Can you give me any link for difference between linear and logarithmic in options. At the moment, I am using linear mode.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,523 Views)

Try Google and logarithmic scaleSmiley Wink

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,517 Views)