From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small bug in Quick Drop

Solved!
Go to solution

If you paste text into the text field nothing much happens, you need to force an update through e.g. a space or delete.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,633 Views)

I can't reproduce this. I have the text "case structure" on my clipboard. I press Ctrl-Space to bring up Quick Drop, then Ctrl-V pastes "case structure" into Quick Drop, and I can drop a case structure. I'm using LabVIEW 2017. I think there might have possibly been an issue with Ctrl-C/X/V not working in older versions, what version are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,608 Views)

I do not have this issue with 2016.  But it does stick in my mind that there was, at least at one time, a CAR about copy/paste not working in QD due to the CTRL shortcuts.  Do you have a shortcut set to use CTRL+V installed?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,602 Views)

I attached a GIF of what I am seeing in LabVIEW 2017 and while the QD list doesn't visually update after a copy-paste it still recognizes what item I have. However, this will only work when the text you have pasted in perfectly matches an item so "case structure" will work but "case structur" and "cs" (QD shortcut) will not work.

QD.gif

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 4 of 6
(2,565 Views)

Hopet ctrl+V is just pasting the text and no event is getting triggered, co some keyboard actions are required to generate an event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6
(2,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yamaeda

Got it, thanks for the clarifications everybody. I have filed CAR 662524 and will do my best to get this fixed in a future LabVIEW release.

Message 6 of 6
(2,539 Views)