LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small UI pipes pixel

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 2D treating plant graphicdisplaying pumps, valves, tanks and pipes. The pipes require control over the color, size and location during development and programmatically. I have stumbled on the simple string indicator which works fine as a pipe but I cannot get the pixel size below 5 for my small pipes. Any ideas, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,652 Views)

Have you tried using decorations, instead?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,648 Views)

I have and still see the same limitations.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,635 Views)

Would a picture ring work?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361N-01/lvhowto/addingpictitemstoringcntrl/

You can make the pipe image as small as you like. You can also play with matching picture background colors if the sizing is not ideal.

Feel free. Contact me for anything more,
    Pang

You too can be LabVIEW Awesome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,609 Views)

That is a path but a rough one.  I would like to keep the control as simple as possible because there will be 20-100 pipes on 1 vi.  The pic box will give me a small pipe but not the flexibility as I would like.  I just can not see how all the decoration, indicators and controls are locked into a min of 5 pixels.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,596 Views)

make your whole pipe system as ascii art, then the pipes can be quite thin

(3,593 Views)

You could use the 2D functions to paint the systems as a big picture and in that process change tubes and similar.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,551 Views)

If I had 1 graphic to build I could see that approach as a cool project but I have 100's and need something higher level.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,533 Views)

That was my bail out. Big pipe network 2D Image and overlay the pumps,valves, tanks...that need to show visual changes but I was hoping to avoid that approach.  It just adds another layer I was hoping to avoid.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,531 Views)

I was able to make a decoration this small (compared to a standard numeric input for scale).  I can't think that anything smaller would be even useful.Capture.PNG

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,511 Views)