LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow network login with DSC

Hi,

I am trying to implement a login feature to our program which will allow different users to have different rights to front panel controls. There is a server in our subnet to which I am trying to login. I have configured the necessary users and groups in the domain account manager in the server. I have also granted access to all machines in the subnet (from the account control tab via properties). The problem is that while the login works (and all the machines in the subnet can see the login server), it is painfully slow. It tooks a little over 5 seconds to login a user via the server. I have tried using the "programmatic login.vi" and the built-in "invoke login dialog.vi". In either case, the login is slow. What is happening in the server (or the "programmatic login.vi") in the login process so that it is so slow? 

This is obviously a network problem because I have tested with local domains. A login to a local domain happens fast. When I enter an incorrect password to a network domain, the login prompt quickly tells me that, and there is no delay. However, with a successful login, the login is slow. What could be the cause to this problem?

I am using LabVIEW 8.6.1.

Best regards,

Jarmo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,082 Views)