LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow graph update with NaN values

billko I'm aware of terminal, local variable and property node differences, but in my case it is not possible to update graph via terminal or local variable.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(379 Views)

How are you planning to pass the graph values and where the terminal will be lying? You have other options also to update the graph from different place without using the property node.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(375 Views)

It's an old application done by someone else. The graph control is in the Main.vi and data is passed to the graph in subvi using the property node. It is not really the performance issue, but it is an interesting behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(370 Views)

I don't understand the purpose of this excercise. Unless you have a display that is capable of displaying 1M horizontal pixels, you are sending way too much data to the graph. 😮

In addition, the time difference you see is a result of your singleshot (or continuous run button) mode of testing. Once you place a while loop around your sequence structure, the execution times of the two scenarios are identical. Try it.

Also, part of the the time differences you see seem to correspond to the difference between syncronous and asynchronous updates. The fast time seems to be artificially fast. (Set the graph to synchronous display "right-click...advanced...synchronous display" to see).

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(367 Views)

Yes, I used a for loop with 10 reps and 100 reps and the execution times are very different for me 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(362 Views)