LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of object on the front panel

I am trying to make the size of objects(boolean control, button) on the front panel the same throughout all my tabs, but they always come out a little different than the way they look on my laptop.

Is there any way to do a preview or ensure the sizes are the same across everything?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,520 Views)
You can programatically change the size of objects. In addition if you create the display objects as strict typedefs, instantiations of the same typedef will always be the same size. What do you mean by, "...they always come out a little different than the way they look on my laptop..."?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,515 Views)

One typical problem ocurs if the two machines have a different desktop theme/font setting.

See e.g. the links in: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/TOC35.htm

For example, it is recommended to select "small font" in windows. See the section on "Resolution and Font Differences" in http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvconcepts/porting_among_platforms/.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,508 Views)

If the objects come out different sizes on different computers, it is most likely a font issue. If you're using the varying fonts, like application font, you can set up the same font in the INI file.

You can also set objects to be the same size using the resize menus.

(2,508 Views)
How do I change the font setting in the INI file?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,493 Views)
The easiest way is to use Tools->Options->Fonts from the LabVIEW GUI.  You can then set the system fonts to anything you want.  After you have done this on one machine, open your INI file (it is in the same directory as the LabVIEW executable) with any text editor and copy the corresponding entries to another file.  Add these entries to the INI files on any machines you want to lock to font.  You will probably run into issues if you are supporting different platforms (Windows and Mac or Mac and Linux, for example), since the fonts you want may not be available on both platforms.  There are Windows fonts available for both Mac and Linux platforms, so this can be somewhat ameliorated.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,485 Views)