LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous folder create error

Does anyone know why the folder Create Folder primitive would generate a "folder already exists" error when attempting to newly create two different folders with a common base path simultaneously? Only one of the primitives generates an error. No error is generated if the order of operations is set explicitly by wiring the error cluster from one Create Folder primitive to the other.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,367 Views)

Is there a reason you need to create them "simultaneously"? You can create and execution order easily by passing the error out cluster of either function into the error in of the other. Can you give us an image of the actual error message?  How much of the path is already existent, i.e. is subfolderB already existing, how much of the path to the final folder has to be created, is there any overlap, so that they both are trying to create an intermediate folder?

Thnx,

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,355 Views)

Does "subfolderB" exist before hand?

Both sub-folders require an update of the directory to complete the creation so it almost sounds like a bogus message. A check for that erro and re-try probably will function as a work-around.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,328 Views)

@kr74i0au  ha scritto:

Does anyone know why the folder Create Folder primitive would generate a "folder already exists" error when attempting to newly create two different folders with a common base path simultaneously? Only one of the primitives generates an error. No error is generated if the order of operations is set explicitly by wiring the error cluster from one Create Folder primitive to the other.

Just run into the same problem (LV2017). It's a side effect that can be logically understood, although a little subtle.

In a complex application, it may let you loose some time to find it. I think it deserves a remark in the documentation which is not there.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,196 Views)