cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation subsystem issue with transport delay

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

When using transport delay in simulation subsystem, I noticed the time scale starts at zero but in reality it starts at 1. Eg, see below the step signal should start at 1, instead, it started at 2 in the plot.

The transport delay was supposed to delay the step input signal by 5, but instead it was 6, shown in the plot.

What are the reasons for this ?

transport delay.jpg

Suppose I want to disable the transport delay module by setting it to zero delay, what I get turned out to be infinity values. Is this right ?

delay 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zigbee1

Your chart does not receive time information, just plain scalars, one for each chart update.

For the X axis to display correct time values, x0 (the time of the first point) and dx (the time interal between points) need to be known and defined in some other way. If it is always the same, just edit the graph properties for the x scale such that x0=1. You can also set these things via property nodes, of course.

Also note that charts retain their history between runs, so it is important to clear the history buffer at program start if this is important for the use case.

Message 2 of 2
(2,604 Views)