cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate Signal from Excel Sheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Community,

I would like to simulate a signal, based on data points in Excel.

I have got an excel sheet, attached in the folder, with the first column as time and the second column is the data.

My goal is to simulate a real-time signal based on this data.

The following attached is the LabVIEW code that I made, but I'm really confused about how it works.

As shown in the figure below, there are amplitudes 2 and 4 coming out of my signal, but those data points are not even in my excel sheet.

I'm not sure if I'm even plotting the correct data, I would like to know where these values came from.

Also, how do I change the timing of the loop so it kind of matches up to the time values in my first column?

Finally, after I rerun the program, how do I let the plot restart at 0 seconds. Thank you! 

signal.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jackhsu66

Hi jack,

@jackhsu66 wrote:

The following attached is the LabVIEW code that I made, but I'm really confused about how it works. 

You are confusing the terms "spreadsheet file" with "proprietary Excel file format" - as many other people before!

The ReadDelimitedFile functions reads only text files containing delimited text, aka CSV files. Your XLSM files can only be read by Excel - or by using RGT (Report Generation toolkit) functions…

I exported the worksheet into a CSV file, using the semicolon as delimiter between values, timestamp formatted as HH:MM:SS, and unfortunately German decimal separator for the numeric value:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(1,404 Views)