LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple TCP/IP Messaging Multi-client example

The White paper Multi-client Server Design Patern Using Simple TCP/IP Messaging

has example code for download. It uses the VI Package Simple TCP/IP Messaging (STM). However this code uses VI's from an older version of the STM package, even though the article is dated recently (Oct 2016). The article itself in the pictures refers to the newer versions of the VI's from the pictures in it. So the updated example must be available somewhere.

When you download the example code and open it LabVIEW finds compatibility VI's which are an older implementation.

Any suggestions where to find the updated version of the example?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,334 Views)

Hello Andrew,

You should install using the JKI package manager, which has the most updated version.

According to the JKI repository, the lattest package for this API is  v3.1.0.9 by National Instruments, released On: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:46:48 -0600

Just uninstall your current version and install the latest one using JKI's tool.

Let me know the outcome from this attempt.

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,291 Views)

Hi Guilherme

Yes I had installed using JKI Package Manager as you suggest, and the lastest version.

The example I referr to (multi-client) is not one of the examples that comes with the package. It is one NI provide as a download with the White Paper. It is also referenced on a discussion board on STM

NI must have updated the example for the white paper, but the link is to a version for an out of date version of STM.

cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,286 Views)

Labview ships with the updated version in the Example Finder.  It's called "TCP Multiple Connections.lvproj".  It's not exactly the same, but close

Edit: My mistake. The one I was looking at was simple TCP.  You wanted STM.  Ignore this

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,263 Views)

Hello,

A web request has been submitting internally at NI to update the attached example code for the white paper and will be corrected as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience! 

Best,

paigec

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,231 Views)