From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silverlight max 4.7

It also works for me, but I would be pleased if NI fix an another solution in Max, so you dont need to install this.

/mosbif

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(2,457 Views)

Hi Justin,

The same error occurred in Hebrew language .

I have installed the support for East Asian languages and I have switched back the "Regional and Language options" from English to Hebrew  and now MAX 4.7.0 works fine.

Regards,

Doron Gutman

NI-Israel.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(2,393 Views)

Hey everyone,

This issue is currently being tracked by Corrective Action Request #243152. You can check the status of this request on the MAX 4.7.x and System Configuration 1.1.x Known Issues List

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(2,389 Views)

The latest Silverlight patch from Microsoft (KB2164913) seems to have fixed my problem.  I can now change the IP addressses on my CRIO and PXI chasses using Max 4.7.1. 

Thank You.

Message 14 of 36
(2,349 Views)

I was getting the same problem. MAX 4.7 was crashing when i went to configure a cRIO sytem. I just could not do it. It took me a while to realize that the language settings where related to windows and not to MAX. So if you are confunsed just like i was, go to "Start menu > Control painel > regional setings > language setings" and change it to english.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(2,295 Views)

I would like to bump up this thread again.

I encountered the same Silverlight crash with MAX 4.7/4.7.2 and the Regional Settings workaround was successful. Now I can access my remote systems.

However, this is just a workaround! Regional Settings will affect the work with other software. I assume the bug has already been reported in correct places. Yet, I would like to turn to NI officials and ask for a solution for the issue and of course a follow-up in this thread.

Best regards,

Mart Juurma

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(2,253 Views)

Hey Mart,

Yes, as you mentioned this is a temporary workaround. The issue is being tracked in CAR #243152, and is documented in the MAX 4.7.x and System Configuration 1.1.x Known Issues List. We will be releasing a new version of MAX soon that contains the fix for this issue. I have this discussion forum marked as one place I will be announcing the fix. If you have any other questions, please let me know

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(2,237 Views)

Hi everyone,

System Configuration 1.1.3 has been released, which contains MAX 4.7.3 and the fix for this issue. The Known Issues List will be updated soon to reflect this.

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(2,155 Views)

Hello!

I used the System Configuration update and it seems to work. Changed the Regional Settings to my local and installed the update. Silverlight does not crash anymore, so that is fixed. However, this created a new issue:

Now my remote devices status is always "disconnected". The devices are connected to a different subnet than the development computer. Pinging their IPs showed that they are there. I tried to delete and re-create the devices in MAX but that did not work either. I also tried the latter with Windows firewall on and off and updated the software with NI Update Service. On an another computer, which has not had the update yet, I can connect to and modify the devices.

Should I open another topic with this issue?

Kind regards,

Mart

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(2,136 Views)

Yes, please start a new discussion forum thread for your new issue. Thanks

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(2,124 Views)