LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silverlight max 4.7

I had exactly the same problem with XP English and language set to italian. Reverted back to english and working but lost many time and the automatic setput of labview didn't suggest any update when connected to the server during the installation . Morevoer the script error was not helpful at all.

My question is:why use silverlight for such purpose? No sense according to me. Go back as previous Max version: this application shall be light and fast and NI has the capability to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(2,396 Views)

Hello,

I also have the same issue with MAX after installing LabView 2010. I already tried the following, but without success:

- install Silverlight 4 + Silverlight Runtime

- update MAX to version 4.7.4

- install language support files for Asian languages

- changed language format to English (from Swiss-German)

Sometimes MAX won't even start at all!

What can I do?

Thanks for your help!

yellow

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(2,368 Views)

Hi Yellow

From what you are saying this doesn't sound like the same problem. For instance this is a problem with viewing the status of a remote target and I have not seen this problem in 4.7.4. As MAX sometimes refuses to start in your case my guess it is a faulty installation and you need to reinstall or repair MAX.

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(2,351 Views)

Hello David,

in fact I think I have exactly the same issue as you describe and as is described before, but with the version 4.7.4, with the startup problem being an additionnal bug. Let me give you more details, I reproduced the different cases, depending on the regional and language settings:

CASE 1:

- My standard Regional and Language Settings:

Regional Options Tab: Standards and Formats: German (Swiss)

Languages Tab:          Keyboard: Swiss German

Supplemental Language support: 2x checked

Menu Disply: English

Advanced Tab:            Non-Unicode Language: English (US)

- MAX 4.7.4f0 starts normally. If I click my remote device (EVS 1464RT), I get an Error message with the consequence that I cannot change the IP of the device for instance. However, I can normally access the camera connected to the EVS and grab images.

The error is the following:

Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application none_yet, Code: 2105, Category: InitializeError, Message: Failed to load pre-requisites for the application

CASE 2:

- I change only the following setting in the Regional and Language Settings to English:

Regional Options Tab: Standards and Formats: English (US)

- MAX shows the startup screen and, after "loading plugins", disappears without loading any MAX window. No program is started, same after a second attempt.

CASE 3:

- I change the above mentionned setting back to German, the behaviour is again the same as in case 1

I am using Windows XP Professional 2002, SP3 and Silverlight 4 + Runtime is installed on the PC.

Any idea why this happens like this?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

yellow

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(2,339 Views)

Hi Yellow

What OS are you using? What version of RT are you running on the EVS?

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(2,334 Views)

Hi David,

on the PC:

- Windows XP Professional 2002, SP3

- LabView 2010, RealTime 2010, VBAI 4.0.1

on the EVS:

- VBAI 4.0.1

- LabView RealTime 8.5.1

Hope this helps. If you need to know something else, let me know.

Best regards,

yellow

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(2,328 Views)

Hey Yellow,

Are you able to access/use other Silverlight applications without this error? Can you provide us with a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

Your issue is different from the ones originally described in this forum thread. The fix we made in MAX 4.7.3 (and included in MAX 4.7.4, which is now located in the System Configuration 1.1.4 distribution) addresses the specific "CultureNotSupported" error. It sounds like you're getting a different Silverlight error here.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Silverlight?

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(2,317 Views)

Hi Justin E,

I am able to correctly view Silverlight demos such as this one: http://www.silverlight.net/community/samples/silverlight-4/orbiting-planets-36382/ I have not made any other test, because up to now I didn't know of any applications using Silverlight. Hope this test is enough for proofing that Silverlight works on my PC.

I uninstalled Silverlight (the above demo didn't work anymore...) and reinstalled it (it worked again...). No change in MAX though. The error is still the same.

CASE 1: standards and format language: German (Swiss)

MAX4.7.4_SilverlightError.JPG

CASE 2: standards and format language: English (US)

execution stops after the following screen:

MAX4.7.4_NoStartup.JPG

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

yellow

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(2,300 Views)

Yellow,

What version of Internet Explorer do you have on your system? As another quick test, can you try browsing to those Silverlight apps through IE?

Next, change the regional language back to English (US), and please download Dependency Walker so we can get a profile of opening MAX to debug the hang. Open up Dependency Walker, go to File->Open... and navigate to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\NIMax.exe

Then, select Profile->Start Profiling and press OK (leaving all options as default). Once MAX hangs, select Profile->Stop Profiling, then File->Save As.. and post the Dependency Walker Image (*.dwi) file here.

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(2,281 Views)

Hi Justin,

I am using IE 8.0 and can successfully access the apps on http://www.silverlight.net/community/samples/silverlight-4/ (i tried the first three apps in the list.)

And I executed the dependancy walker with MAX and the English US language setting (standards and formats). The result is attached.

Best regards,

Yellow

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(2,262 Views)