LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal generation from number of harmonics

Hi,

i have to create a VI that beginning from an input frequency and a number which represent number of harmonics of signal generate a signal composed by N harmonics with fundamental frequency f insert in input.How can i do?

Thank you so much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 50
(4,791 Views)

Hi, 

we are here to provide you help that will make you help yourself.

But in order to proceed, I need to know what exactly you want to do.

And it would be also good to know how well are your programming skills in LabView. So that I can know how detailed I have to answer the next questions.

Please describe your task a little bit clearer.

Thanks,

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 50
(4,714 Views)

Hi,

i need to create a VI that generate a sinusoidal signal composed by N harmonics with fundamental frequency f and harmonics which are multiple of fundamental freuency, where N and f can be changed by front panel.Can you send me solution please?

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 50
(4,700 Views)

Hi John,

why should we send you ready-to-use solutions?

Do your homework on your own to earn your grade!

When you have problems creating your VI you can attach your current try and ask specific questions. Unless you do so we only can provide very generic help.

Hints: Use a loop. There are functions to generate waveforms in the signal processing functions palette. Add up your waveforms to create your sinusoidal…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 50
(4,695 Views)

Ah! ah!

So much about providing you help to help yourself.

As GerdW already told you, you must solve it on your own.

Still, am willing to give you some hints.

Right click on your Block Diagram >> Signal Processing >> Wfm Generation >> Simulate Signal.

There you will find a signal generator that you can configure to your personal purpose.

Sig generation.jpg

Since you didn’t reply about your level in LV, we can only assume that you know everything and wanted just to test us. Smiley Wink

So let’s see if you can manage to leave a KUDO Smiley Happy

Good Luck,

James.

Greetings and Regards,
James
Message 5 of 50
(4,690 Views)

Hi,

i'm new to Labview. I'd like to see on a waveform graph a sinusoidal signal, where we can modify on front panel frequency and number of harmonics. So we have to see first harmonic, second harmonic and so on.

How can i do?

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 50
(4,664 Views)

Hi ptavernise,

you have already been given the links to learn LabVIEW. Did you take the exercises?

You need a FOR loop to create your "number of harmonics".

You should use one of the signal creation functions. Use a control for the frequency input.

Display the waveform array created from your loop on a graph.

Ready!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 50
(4,658 Views)

This is the VI i've just created.Where is the error? I need to control the frequency too. How can this VI be modified?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 50
(4,653 Views)

Hi ptavernise,

what's the point of the shift register here?

Why do you think you can connect a wavefrom to the "frequency" input of this function?

And as it seems to be the very same topic I merged your thread with JohnDoe's: are you in the same class of students learning LabVIEW?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 50
(4,646 Views)

So i have to change the input of shift register?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 50
(4,637 Views)