LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal extraction from while loop for use in true/false block

I am trying to extract a signal from a while loop for use in a true/false block. I am new to LabView, so I think I need a little help. I'm measuring a pressure, multiple temperatures, etc. I would like to use my pressure measurement (first picture has while loop) to control whether a voltage is supplied to the system (using the true/false block). Every time I run the system, my probes indicate that the signal is not being extracted from the while loop properly. I would appreciate any help on this. 

pressure.PNG

I keep placing probes on the signal outside the while loop, but they indicate that it was "Not Executed." I feel like there is a simple solution that I am just not aware of. Anyway, I need the pressure from the signal for use in this true/false:

true false.PNG

Thank you in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,250 Views)

Just guessing here:

1. Do you want your T/F signal to "signal" another loop on every iteration of your while loop?
  2. Do you want an array of T/F signals when you stop your while loop?

For 1, your values stay insides the while loop while running, only when the while loop has stopped can data leave it. This is data flow. Since you are new, it may be confusing to see a wire between loops and think they are communicating on every iteration. Check out the tutorial at the top of the forum. You can do messaging between loops with queues, channels, user events, notifiers, local variables, ...

For 2, right-click and choose enable indexing, then you will get an array, but only after the while loop has stopped.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,229 Views)

It also helps to attach your VI.  I appreciate the pictures in that it helps tell us where in your VI you have questions.  But they are just small subsections your VI and we can't see how those pictures relate to each other.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,199 Views)