LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal conditioning

Hello members,

Let me get this straight and simple. I'm using a cDAQ 9172 and I need to visualise a few signals which has a maximum of 24V using Labview. But the problem is, i found  a module NI 9234 which can only accept +/-5V. How can the signals be visualised if they are all over 5V? Is there any module to condition the signal? or can it be done with DAQmx?

Thanks in advanced!

Dhirah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,778 Views)

Hye mike!

Thanks for replying. but then i was wondering, can SCC be put in one of the slots of cDAQ 9172? thanks again!

Dhirah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,775 Views)

Hi Dhirah,

no you can´t put in into the slots of the cDAQ9172, but you can use it as external signal conditioning.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,769 Views)

Hye Mike,

thanks for replying. external signal conditionning? meaning im going to use the scc module mounted to the carrier and then, how can i connect it to the cDAQ? or i definitely can't do that? well, i found a module to attenuate but then i couldn't really find a module which suits the characteristic of my analog output. I found an amplifier which varies from +/-10V. What should i do? Thanks again!

Dhirah

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,763 Views)

Hi Dhirah,

i read more about the SCC and think it is not the right hardware for you. How many channels do you need with 24V output? Is it necessary to use compactDAQ?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,716 Views)

Hi Mike,

I read it too and SCC is not compatible with cDAQ 9172. Moreover, i called NI and asked them about it. They confirmed it as well. Actually, i needed a analog output which varies from +/-24V. But there'is only a module (NI 9263) - an output analog but it varies from +/-10V.  I need at least 4 channels. So, i need to find something in order to amplifie the voltage from 10 to 24 in the output. At the same time, i'm still waiting for the responds from NI.  Yes, i need to  use compactDAQ. Thanks again Mike!

Dhirah

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,687 Views)