LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

\0D and \0A after array to spreadsheet string conversion

Hi guys, i currently have a VI that manipulates a couple of arrays and writes them to a config file through the config VI.

Now, i notice 1 problem whereby after my array is comma delimited and converted into a spreadsheet string, a tab and carriage return automatically appears at the end of the string. This causes my resulting config file to have \0D and \0A to appear with my keys in the config file.

I know it's got to be the array to spreadsheet string conversion that's causing the problem because i don't have such \0D and \0A problem with keys without the conversion.

How do i solve this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,933 Views)

The OD and OA are the carriage return and line feed and yes the functona always appends these characters at the end of each line. Probably because this function is normally used to create files that a spreadsheet can read. There are several ways to remove the extra characters. Shown below is the string reversed and the String Subset function uses an offset of two. The output of that is reversed to get a string without the CR and LF. Also shown is getting the string length, subtracting 2 and wiring that to the length input of the String Subset function.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-26-2007 10:57 PM

Message 2 of 6
(5,930 Views)
Problem solved. Thanks Dennis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,920 Views)

hi need help,

i got this   Š and K when i write to spreadsheet. Hope any one can help me to solve it.Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,798 Views)

jeyanthi wrote:
i got this   Š and K when i write to spreadsheet. Hope any one can help me to solve it.Thank you.

This is probably not sufficient information to troubleshoot the problem.

How do you write to your spreadsheet?
What kind of "spreadsheet" is it (excel, tab delimited text, etc.)

Please attach a simplfied version of your code and an example of you spreadsheet file containg the strange characters.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,794 Views)
continue here
Message 6 of 6
(5,781 Views)