LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Editing

I need to edit a signal for an analog output daq port.  I know there are really generic signals you can create, but I need to create a graph like this one to replay through my daq.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,547 Views)

Hi ishironagasaki,

Are you able to save the data in a different format such as comma separated *.csv etc.  This would make playback pretty straight forward.

From your png it would be possible to recreate the four waveforms but it would take alot of work.   Also from your post it's not clear what details matter in these waveforms, pulse, amplitude.

There are tools to make pulses like you are showing such as the pulse pattern.vi under signal generation menu.

Thanks,

-SS

Message 2 of 7
(2,531 Views)

Can you capture and output that signal from the scope as some format?  Replay that signal with the same timing out from the daq.  May need to do some conversions from text to number to array/waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,529 Views)

I got the data straigh from the oscope so i'll see if i can save the data in a different format.  The details need to be exact in these waverforms.  The timing needs to be exact, and the amplitude needs to be exact.  I know there are signal generation tools, but i need to be able to vary the magnitude at certain times.

I don't have an input port so replay is not an option.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,507 Views)

Hi ishironagasaki,

Here is an example of how you might do this.  You are going to have to adjust the timming and amplitude.  If details like overshoot and noise are important you will have to add these.

Four Pulse Waveforms.png

Four Pulse Front Panel.png

Regards,

-SS

Message 5 of 7
(2,489 Views)

If I were to get the data in .csv format, how would I use the data in labview to replay the signal?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,471 Views)

ishironagasaki,

You would use "Read From Spreadsheet File.vi" and output the data similar to the example I provided.  Except you would output the data via your AO.  Did you see my example that I provided?

Regards,

-SS

Message 7 of 7
(2,463 Views)