LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show calculated plot first then actual plot of output array

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create a vi that will allow the user to adjust the values to create a ramped array and show it on a graph.  Then when the user presses a start button the actual output is displayed on top of the calculated plot.

Eventually the user will be able to chose between and input a csv file with captured data from an operation instead or use the rampgenerator.vi.

I have tried many variations over the last couple of days.  I am not sure what the correct approach is.  Just a couple of weeks ago I completed LabVIEW Core 2 and feel I am over complicating things.RampGenerator-AO.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Troike

David,

For the user choice you will want to implement a case structure or even a simple state machine.  You can look at how the simple state machine works by opening a new project from template.  There is a state machine option as one of the templates.

What specifically are you having trouble with currently?  There are a few different pieces to this and it would be helpful to know what you need the advice on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,161 Views)

Thanks for the Reply Jon,

I just placed two xy graphs on top of each other.  Then populated one graph before going into a while loop.  I discovered how to do this on the dyno example vi.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,125 Views)