LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared variable - deployment on localhost only

Hi everybody

I got a problem regarding shared variables.

I need them that multiple instances of my application can communicate. These instances will always run on the same computer. The data are quite simple, a boolean and an array of enums.

Everything works fine, until I'm outside the company intranet, when I'm getting deployment errors. After digging into it I found that the shared variables are deployed twice. Once on localhost and once more through the network back to my localhost. The second path will be blocked by the firewall.

This application has to run on many computers and I don't want to fiddle with the firewall on every one of them

The definition of the shared variable is network published, so I guess that explains the network part. However, I could not get any other option to work.

This is the error message I get during deployment

GuentherS_0-1647607134817.png

The computer name which I greyed out refers to the local host

The DSM looks like this

GuentherS_1-1647607179728.png

Again, the IP adress refers to local host

Is there any way that the deployment will be done only once and on local host only, without additional reference to it through a network?

Thanks for looking into it

Guenther

EDIT: Using LV2020 SP1 64bit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(747 Views)

Nobody?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(709 Views)

Dear  GuentherS,

Did you set the Shared variable node to be target-relative? If You set it to be absolute that might be the one causing the problem.

Best,
Anasei.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(589 Views)