LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variables with TPC-2106 Touch Panel

Solved!
Go to solution

I can not get Shared Variables to work with a TPC-2106 Touch Panel.  I am hosting the variables from a sbRIO 9642 board.  I built a test VI to run from My Computer, and I can modify and read the variables from that VI.  When a build a VI to run on the Touch Panel it runs, but it can not read or write to any of the shared variables.  No errors are indicated when the VI runs.

It appears that I do not need to take any special action to install support for this version of touch panel per:  http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372507A-01/lvtpcgsm/tpc_install_sharvar/

I tested the Example project "Shared Variable.lvproj" that is supposed to generate weather info, then transfer it to the touch panel.  The weather data is generated and displayed by the VI on my PC.  The VI on the touch panel runs, but never updates any of the weather data.

I am using LabVIEW  8.6 with the touch panel, FPGA, and real time modules installed.

I have the touch panel connected via an Ethernet cable directly to my PC.  I assigned an IP to the touch panel manually.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael_T
Problem is resolved by using an Ethernet crossover cable in place of a standard cable.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,113 Views)
Also, remember that the cRIO and the TPC should have IP addresses on the same subnet (subnet should be explicitly specified, like 255.255.255.0) when connected with the crossover cable.
Misha
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,098 Views)