LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with intersection point

Hi!

I cant use the IMAQ Line intersection with lines created from IMAQ find edge. I get the error message:

"These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required.
The type of the source is 1-D array of
cluster of 10 elements.
The type of the sink is cluster of 2 elements.
"

What am I doing wrong, or how can I get the intersection point of these two lines?

I attache my small program to illustrate the problem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,431 Views)

You need to manipulate your data a little.

The output from the IMAQ find edge function returns an array of edges (each edge defined by ten clustered elements).

The input to IMAQ Line Intersection function requires a single edge definition (defined by a two clustered elements - Point 1 and Point 2)

If you're interested in only the first line found by each each IMAQ find edge function, then index the output cluster Straight Edges, then use an unbundle by name to extract the elements Point 1 (pixels) and Point 2 (pixels). Then bundle these together and provide the resultant cluster to the input Line 1 of IMAQ Line Intersection. Do the same for the second IMAQ find edge function and wire this to Line 2 of IMAQ Line Intersection.

If you're interested in ALL the line results from IMAQ Find Edge, then you'll have to run this lot inside a loop and index each result sequentially.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,410 Views)