From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variables is deployed multiple times

Solved!
Go to solution

Anyone experienced any issues with an application in development mode (LV2015) starting to deploy the shared variables every time it loads a VI?

This suddenly started to happen, and I do not know why or what I did. It now loads 11 times before the application can run. Very anoying and I do not find where to select a VI not to deply its Shared Variables. Deploying it ones should be enough 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,053 Views)

Hi paljacob,

I am Kwan from National Instruments Technical Support. I am not sure if I understand the question. Can you provide more detail about your application? And what are you trying to achieve?

Best Regards,

Kwan

Application Engineer United Kingdom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,975 Views)

Is the same library being deployed multiple times when you hit run or is it multiple libraries being deployed once but every time you run the application? Before you start the application, if you check in Distributed Systems Manager, do you see the libraries already deployed and running? Once it deploys multiple times, are you able to successfully use these variables?

To my knowledge, if you statically read or write from variables (drag it on BD from the project), this will always cause LabVIEW to deploy libraries that are not already running. If you programmatically read or write to these variables it shouldn't try to deploy anything (LabVIEW wouldn't know what it needs to deploy, if anything) but that would probably be a lot of work to change.

I'm not completely sure about this but I think windows event viewer shows the NI Variable Engine service starting and stopping processes which may give a better snapshot at what it's doing.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by paljacob

It was only a time issue. I have a main VI that calls several other VI's which uses the same shared variables to communicate between each other. This results in loading the same variables every time the main VI call the next VI on startup.

Solution was to Right click on My Computer in the project and check the option "Disable Autodeplay Variables".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,884 Views)