LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Input Terminal Configuation for AI Voltage DAQmx Block

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to get the "input terminal configuation" input into a DAQmx "AI Voltage" block to be "Differential." I have no idea how or where to search for something like this from the functions pallate. I tried the Find Examples... thing to no avail.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,189 Views)

Look at the configuration in MAX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,186 Views)

I can set it there in DAQ pretty easily. Everytime i save the file and shut it down, it goes back to factory defaults. I would like to avoid this if possible.

Message 3 of 10
(3,181 Views)

I don't seem to have the problem at all. Are you sure you are saving the MAX configuration file? The information you are providing is not very descriptive. In your original post, you never mention what you did other than you have a problem.

Did you create a task and save it? Did you use the task in your VI? I think you need to be a bit more explicit if you are asking for help. My guess you did not create a task and the configuration you want is set in the task portion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,176 Views)
It's an input to the DAQmx Create Channel.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,174 Views)

I create a task then just start the task. If you use the channels directly, you will need to configure the channel within your VI. When you use a task a lot of the setup disappears. It all depends on your application.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,170 Views)

Dennis,

You are correct, and I know that. I guess my question is... how do I find the little input block that I can specifiy as differential where the DAQmx block would make sense of the thing I am telling it to do.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bronco9588

That is just basic LabVIEW. Right click on the terminal and select 'Create Constant'.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,160 Views)

Thanks for the help. Sorry that it is such a simple problem. I really could use a class on this stuff, but not really an option for me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,155 Views)

There are numerous on-line options. You can start with this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,150 Views)