LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set resolution the web camera from Remote Panel.

Hello all

I want to control the WEB-camera from Remote Panel

I created the VI and I must to set the resolution of the WEB-camera (640*480 or 320*240).

But I couldn’t to set resolution  from Remote Panel.

What do I do?

Best regards

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,035 Views)
Iksander--

So you are using a USB Camera with the NI-IMAQ for USB Driver.... I can see from your screen shot. The first thing to check is that you camera supports different resolutions.  After you've made sure the camera actually has that feature, go to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\examples\IMAQ and open up the library with USB Examples.  The first one, Grab with Properties, will have this feature.  Basically though we are only making a call to the camera's dll, so if the manufacturer didn't include it then it won't work...but check that example it should work just fine.

Regards,

John H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,015 Views)

Dear John H.

Thanks for the answer

I created the VI to observe the image from WEB-camera

When I run the VI, I must to set the resolution the  WEB-camera.

When I run the VI on the host computer , I can do this.

But when I run the VI on Remote Panel, I can’t adjust  the resolution of the  WEB-camera from Remote Panel and the VI are stopped

What can I do?

With respect

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,990 Views)

Iskander,

In that image I see the operations window you are referring to.  How did you open that window?  It may be the case that that window is only able to be opened from the computer where the VI's are developed -- where the driver is installed.  Also, I may ask you to attach your program so that I can see if there is any reason for it to not allow you to open the resolution window from the remote panel.  But first, please explain how you opened that window.  Thanks!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,975 Views)

Hello Allison S

My VI is.

With respect

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,945 Views)
Iskander,

It looks like the VI that pops up that window is the IMAQ USB PropertyPage.vi.  This VI Launches the camera manufacturer's configuration dialog, which apparently opens a new window. USB functions are not supported, this one in particular is provided by the camera manufacturer and it says in the help that questions about it should be directed to the manufacturer.
 Also, unfortunately remote panels I believe cannot open new windows.  They operate within the browser window and are not usually able to open secondary windows.
 In order to allow your user to change these settings, you would need to access the dll for your camera.  You can use our call library function node to do so and through the dll you can change various settings on the camera.  If you have questions, let us know.  Thank you 🙂
-Allison S.
Applications Engineering
-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,914 Views)
Hello Allison S.
Thanks for the attention and help
I have understood
With respect