From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set number of plots in Waveform Chart (scripting)

Solved!
Go to solution

There is a need to set number of plots in multiple Waveform Charts in multiple VIs. Scripting wold help if I could figure out how number of plots can be setSmiley Indifferent

Please advice how the problem can be solved (LabVIEW 2017 is used for this project)

PS: I believe similar question would be razed for XYGraphs but so far I am stack with Waveform Charts.

(2,611 Views)

What you mean "number of plots"?
Number of plots depends on data size, which you've sent to chartplots.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Y_

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but for example the Legend.Plot Minimum will set the minimum number of "plots" regardless of the data input. Does that help?

If you're trying to resize the legend, you can also do that with similar property node operations.

If you want to change (i.e. decrease) the number of plots with stored data, you can manipulate (perhaps using things like Index Array or Array Subset) the Chart "History Data" values (which can be both read and written).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,568 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but for example the Legend.Plot Minimum will set the minimum number of "plots" regardless of the data input. Does that help?

Thank you, it is exactly what needed.

Sorry for delay with replies, I was working on another project far away from this computer.

(2,542 Views)