LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set System Image (File) Error 1097

We have a built up PXI Chassis with RT OS running on it.  I used Get System Image (File).vi to grab the contents of the hard drive into a Zip file.

I then have a LabVIEW project which builds our software into a startup.rtexe and the associated folders.   The PXI Chassis DIP switches are set up correct to launch the startup.rtexe.

The System.zip file is unpacked and the project files are inserted into it.  The directory is then re-zipped to a new Zip file.

I have a VI which deploys the new Zip file image (basically it runs on a PC connected to PXI Chassis via Ethernet).  It checks that PXI Chassis software has not been deployed or is a different version and uses Set System Image (File).vi to deploy the image. 

If I run it on a different but identical PXI rack (chassis number is initially different), the zip file appears to deploy correctly.  The PXI Chassis reboots and launches our software.  Problem is “Set System Image (File).vi” always errors on exiting with a 1097 error.

In addition the image was created from a PXI Chassis numbered 2.  The PXI Chassis I deploying to was initially configured as chassis number 1 (viewed in NI MAX).  After deployment it remains as “Chassis 1”.  If I change it to “Chassis 2” in NI MAX and then run the deployment, it reverts back to “Chassis 1”.  However I would have thought it would change based on the content of the Zip file?

Any ideas why the VI is throwing an error?

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,502 Views)

Good Morning Chris,

There are several possible reasons that can cause the error you are seeing:

1. There is some problem with your code, below is a good example on how to get/set system image from a RT controller:

"Get/Set Images From RT Controllers Using System Configuration API":

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-34955

2. Does this problem only happen when you deploy from the PXI chassis 2? everything works fine with the PC?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Lanxi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,465 Views)

@LanxiZ wrote:

Good Morning Chris,

There are several possible reasons that can cause the error you are seeing:

1. There is some problem with your code, below is a good example on how to get/set system image from a RT controller:

"Get/Set Images From RT Controllers Using System Configuration API":

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-34955

2. Does this problem only happen when you deploy from the PXI chassis 2? everything works fine with the PC?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Lanxi

1. I have seen that page, but I cannot open that example as it is for LabVIEW 2013.  I am running LabVIEW 2012.  I have seen and implemented something similar to the built in examples in LabVIEW 2012 though.

2. The deployment is not from a PXI chassis.  It is too one.  The deployment is performed from a rack mounted Windows XP PC.  It is connected to a PXI Chassis via Ethernet.

Once the Set System Image (File) has completed (with the error), the PXI Chassis is up and running and I can see it is running my software successfully (I output test text to the PXI Chassis' monitor).  I can also call stub VI's on the rack mounted Windows XP PC which in turn connects too and runs the remote VI's successfully.

I think I need to try the deployment on the original source of the System Image and see if it also errors.

Thanks.

Christopher Povey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,457 Views)

Hi Chris,

Have you tried the deployment on the original source of the System Image and what the result is?

Thank you.

Regards,

Lanxi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,382 Views)

@LanxiZ wrote:

Hi Chris,

Have you tried the deployment on the original source of the System Image and what the result is?

Thank you.

Regards,

Lanxi

Same error on both PXI Chassis.  However the image correctly deploys to both and runs.  At them moment I just clear the error as it does not seem to be actually affecting the software from working...

Christopher Povey

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,362 Views)

Hi Chris,

I have converted the community example code from 2013 version to 2012. Please find it in the attachment and try it out on your side.

Thank you.

Lanxi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,354 Views)