LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Not Working

I'm trying to install LabVIEW on new computers.  I as able to install it on 3 computers two days ago but now, when asked to activate the software, I am being told the serial number is invalid.  Is the license server currently working?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(764 Views)

I think three installments per serial number is the most for the most common type of license.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(748 Views)

@kdavis700 wrote:

I'm trying to install LabVIEW on new computers.  I as able to install it on 3 computers two days ago but now, when asked to activate the software, I am being told the serial number is invalid.  Is the license server currently working?

For a user ( Named) license you can install the key on up to 3 machines (+1Home Use License) that are exclusively used by 1 developer for 1 company's development use and the Named user is only permitted to use one machine at a time.  Logging in and letting a coworker develop on a machine violates the License Agreement. 

For a Machine License only 1 Machine may activate the key but any developer may log in and use it.

There are also Volume Licenses available that may be checked out and used by controlled user lists that have the development environment installed.

I am not a legal advisor! But I do have experience.   Consult with NI about any questions about legal issues with your specific End User License Agreements.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(715 Views)

@kdavis700 wrote:

There are many different license flavors and you have not told us what kind of license you have. Once you figure out what you have, start reading the relevant sections here.

You should also be able to get all relevant information in your NI profile. What does it say about your products and licenses?

Yes, it is possible that the license server is down, so try again a while later. What was the exact wording of the actual error message? "Invalid" seems incorrect if you exceed the number of computers. The license is of course valid and if you are trying to exceed the number of installations I would expect a different error message, but I cannot test this, of course.

I also assume that you are using the NI license server and not something local to your company.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(710 Views)