cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Data Logging to new .txt file after every 30mins

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to integrate the file creation after every 30min into my this serial real codes as attached. I did tried it again, yes the codes you gave is working now i tried it separately. but How can i integrate it into my this code? 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(610 Views)

Hi,

Yes I followed your codes and removed the waits, thanks for time/date format it really helped tor educe extra blocks im putting. Yes its working now. But i still want to keep the case because I want to control my repose window.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(616 Views)

What do you mean by "repose window"?

And you do not seem to be listening to other people's help about your feedback node problem.  Also, you still haven't implemented the Elapsed Time Express VI which is the answer to the question you posed in the subject line of your thread.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(610 Views)

Hi, I used the advanced I/D function to create file. I am able to get new file name with increment. Its creating file after every second. How can I use Elapsed Time express VI with this to save file with captured data after 30 min. Its incomplete codes attached. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(600 Views)

Why do you have Elapsed Time stopping the while loop?

It should be driving a case structure that closes the old file and opens a new one when True.  The file reference should be kept in a shift register.

Also use block diagram cleanup as you have several backwards running wires that make it hard to read your VI.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(598 Views)

Sure, Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(596 Views)